Friday, April 25, 2014

Storybird Collaboration


Hello!

I finally get to share with you some artwork I've been making behind the scenes! 

I've been collaborating with my talented writer friend, Jodi Kendall (check out her site at www.jodikendall.com) and the talented editor Molly O'neil from Storybird (the same editor who discovered and edited Veronica Roth's Divergent trilogy!)

Storybird commissioned 10 writers and illustrators (hence, Jodi and me) to help launch their new longform book platform. What is that, you might ask? To give it some context, Storybird.com is an exciting new way of being creative. It's an online image archive/social community/young readers library where people can go to write stories inspired by beautiful artwork, comment and discuss ideas, and read picture books and chapter books. The chapter books are the newest edition, aka longform books. Jodi has written an inspiring, charming book titled Some Pig in the City. A new chapter posts every two weeks with illustrations. 

So, I am joyously sharing with you the cover for Some Pig in the City, along with a few close-up details, and how the platform looks on an iPad. 









No comments: