Thursday, December 5, 2013

Life's like a Whirlwind

Whoa it's been over a month since I've blogged. Time is a flyin'! Like this Fall semester at Ringling - where did it go? Today was our final critique for 2D Design. Can't believe we went through 8 projects that fast.

Speaking of projects, I have become really good at keeping secrets. There are 3 different projects that I'm illustrating right now, and I can't show any of the process work or announce anything yet. AGH! Once I get the green light, there's going to be LOTS of new stuff to show.

Meanwhile, I did make it to our last faculty figure workshop. This time I tried out my gouache paints and did a few sketches. I liked the way this one turned out, the mark-making seemed to be simple and show form the best. Light side/dark side!




Something else kind of cool to share... 
I got to have a "mini showcase" in one of the illustration cases on campus. Here are a few snapshots of what I had on display. On the left are recent book illustrations, and on the right are a few paintings from my Guardians of the Heart series. 





No comments: