Monday, September 5, 2011

Where am I?

Wow, I'm overdue for a blog post. SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED! I'll try to keep this short...

Ok. So, classes at Ringling started on August 22nd. All of my students have turned in their first project in Color/Composition, which involved creating a triptych that utilized principles of contrast & tension between geometric and organic abstract shapes. I must say, they are pretty exceptional, catch on quick and did a very nice job! Here is a picture of the room I teach in...


I really like the campus atmosphere. It's very supportive and my colleagues are passionate about what they do!! The students make the whole place come to life. I love working with them, talking through ideas, having creative discussions and being amongst people who love love love art.

In other news, I adopted a Siberian Husky from a rescue center in Clearwater called Husky Haven of Florida. She is the best doggie everrrr! I named her Siena (after the Italian city where the reddish color Sienna comes from...and to keep in theme with my former dog, Florence, who was named after the neighboring Italian city). Here's a picture of Siena dipping her feet into the Gulf of Mexico!


Everything is so green, the sky so blue, the air so clean! The clouds are killer! I blink and stutter almost everyday at how pristine and simple life is here.


I'm still freelancing and making paintings. I brought most of my studio with me (in fact, I had 5 boxes of books for every 1 box of clothes). I'm currently exploring a new series of character profiles for my Musicorn/Guardian of the Heart series. These works are for my own good fun, which is needed to keep inspiration flowing. I had to wait for my new oil painting materials to arrive, so I used acrylic wash and colored pencil to create these pieces:



It has been said, "Wherever you go, there you are", and that is true in my case! I'm still creating space for imagination, just from a new location on the globe. I'm looking forward to everything I'll be learning while I'm here. The change of scenery is already stirring new ideas within me. I'd like to incorporate the Floridian clouds and vegetation into new paintings. Here are a few pics of the new space where I go to create...



What they call a "lanai" down here in the south. It's a screened porch to keep out the nasty mosquitoes.

6 comments:

jodi said...

My of my writing during this trip has happened out on the lanai... they are best! I get eaten alive down here. I love your studio space, so beautiful. Wish I had something like that up in NYC! :) Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

aev neurontin price - buy gabapentin online http://www.neurontingenericsale.net/#buy-gabapentin-online , [url=http://www.neurontingenericsale.net/#buy-gabapentin ]buy gabapentin [/url]

Anonymous said...

1, Terbinafine Generic - lamisil online no prescription http://www.lamisilfast24.net/, [url=http://www.lamisilfast24.net/] Price of Lamisil [/url]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.