Saturday, January 8, 2011

SI-LA Illustration West 49


Hey there! It's one full week into the new year, and I just received some exciting news: one of my new paintings for the Guardian of the Heart series was accepted into the Society of Illustrator's of Los Angeles competition! The piece is titled "Into the Darkness". This work is part of a conceptual fantasy narrative series about the virtues and vices of our hearts. Set is a metaphysical realm, a battle is waged between the virtuous Musicorns (the guardians of the heart) and the Devourlings (vice-keepers) to free captured hearts and break spells.  The story was inspired by Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

The best part about the competition is that the accepted entries will be exhibited at Gallery Nucleus -  one of my favorite galleries ever! In fact, showing there was one of my 2011 goals, so I think this counts as a fulfillment of this goal =) Now if I can only start to show there regularly....

Progress pics of new projects coming soon...like the t-shirt design I'm working on for Viva La Art's charity line, and Concrete Network's spring magazine cover.

Thanks for visiting, check back soon!

No comments: