Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer

Well, the summer heat is here but my summer break is officially over starting Monday!
 It was a good summer! To give you an overview, I went to June Lake and Yosemite in June, attended 3 conferences in July (ICON, Comic Con, SCBWI), and for August...I don't know where August went! It is flying by! All I've really done for August is what I normally do (art shows, paint, gym) and research for thesis and my grad show. Part of my research was sketching thumbnails for upcoming paintings. Here's a sneak peak at what is on my drawing board for Fall 2010...




Stack of panels that I will be painting. They are ready and waiting to tell the story! =D

3 comments:

Lauren Gallegos said...

eeee!! I'm so excited to see these paintings develop and come to life! It's going to be a good semester for you, I can feel it! :)

Alice Young said...

Wow Katy! You are going to paint all those panels?! When is you deadline? Are they all for the grad show? Is there a story or theme? Couldn't quite tell from the thumbnails...

Katy Betz said...

=D Thanks Lauren! I can feel it too!

@Alice, I'm planning on painting them all. My Grad show is April 15th, 2011...so I have some time, sorta. Yes, there's a theme and most will be narrative images describing concepts.