Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Garden of Graves

A new painting is almost finished! Here is a sneak preview of the sketches for it. I hope to post the finished piece tomorrow.

I do like to leave my work open to interpretation, but for the sake of filling you in on what I've been up to, I will share a few sentences of background info: 
This piece is part of my "Unicorns & Rainbows" series, where I'm trying to tackle the somewhat abstract concept of our hearts. In my research, I've discovered that the heart can be transformed similar to the way seeds, when planted in soil, must die in order to produce new growth. In this new painting, a unicorn princess kneels in a graveyard of hearts.

Check back tomorrow to see the finished painting!!

This was the first rough idea I sketched out.
Also on this page are a few other soon-to-be paintings!

This is the line drawing that I used to transfer the image onto the wood panel.

No comments: